WEST DES MOINES — HyVee has announced they’ll now be offering free, full-service fueling at its more than 165 convenience stores located across its eight-state region that includes Iowa. A news release from HyVee says the service will be offered at select fuel pumps from at least 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM seven days a week. Customers on arrival who wish to use the service can select the pump’s “fuel help” button or call a designated phone number that can be found on signs at each pump. Food and items from the convenience store can also be ordered and delivered to customer vehicles using the service. Full-service fueling can be paid with cash or credit card, with employees meeting customers at their vehicle and being able to process the transaction and fuel order without the customer having to leave their vehicle. The statement says employees as an added safety measure will be wearing gloves for every customer transaction.
Everything indicates that Óliver Torres will be the substitute for Banega in the midfield, although the coach did not want to give too much sugar to his pupil for his good game in the Copa del Rey: “I don’t like to focus on individual performances. When the team is well, everyone gets reinforced. We have many games in a few days and we have to dose the efforts well. “Finally, Lopetegui discarded Jordán and Carriço for the match, although he hopes to have them available from next week. Julen Lopetegui appeared in the press room from the Sports City of Seville to analyze the clash on Saturday against Granada, team he praised: “Already in the first leg they made us a very good game. It is a team that knows how to attack and defend and is one of the most complicated rivals because in all home matches in which they have not scored they have been scored escaped by details. “
160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! FRIDAY Descanso Green Faire, noon-4 p.m., Descanso Gardens, 1418 Descanso Drive, La Canada Flintridge. Free with admission. Call (818) 949-7980. Mail Datebook entries – including time, date, location and phone number – to Daily News City Desk, P.O. Box 4200, Woodland Hills, CA 91365; fax (818) 713-0058; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
It has since been closed for a further one month.Last year’s finalists AFC Leopards who lost 3-0 in the final played at the Uhuru Stadium in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania will meanwhile start their campaign against Singida United, the match scheduled for next Tuesday.Gor Mahia’s Meddie Kagere vies for the ball with AFC Leopards duo Joshua Mawira and Ramadhan Yakub during the final of the Sportpesa Super Cup on June 11, 2017. PHOTO/SportPesaInteresting though is that should these two sides win both their preliminary games, they will book a date against each other in the semis on Thursday, the third Mashemeji Derby this season.Meanwhile, Kenya’s other representatives Kakamega Homeboyz will open their campaign against Young Africans (Yanga) in the first match of the tournament which will precede Gor’s tie against JKU.Kariobangi Sharks will kick off their campaign on Monday when they take on newly crowned Tanzanian Premier League champions Simba SC.Potentially also, there could be a Watani wa Jadi Dar Derby outside the Tanzanian capital in the semis should both Simba and Yanga proceed to the last four.The winner of the tournament will not only earn Sh3mn in prize money and a trophy, but also an opportunity to travel to England to face English Premiership side Everton in a friendly match at their Goodison Park home ground.Fixtures:June 3- Kakamega Homeboyz v Yanga (1pm), Gor Mahia v JKU (3:15pm)June 4- Kariobangi Sharks v SimbaJune 5- AFC Leopards v Singida UnitedJune 6- Rest dayJune 7- SemisJune 10- 3/4 play-off (12pm), final 3pm0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000Gor Mahia players celebrate after winning the SportPesa Super Cup. PHOTO/SportPesaNAIROBI, Kenya, May 28- Record 16-time Kenyan Premier League champions Gor Mahia will start their SportPesa Super Cup title defense against Zanzibar’s Jeshi la Kujenga Uchumi (JKU) when the tournament kicks off on Sunday at the Afraha Stadium in Nakuru.The eight-team tournament was scheduled to be played at the Moi Sports Centre Kasarani but organizers had to scramble for a new venue after the newly laid pitch failed to hold on after two games.
“The road connecting the City Football Academy youth and community pitches with the Club’s First Team Centre has been renamed ‘Vincent Kompany Crescent’ and is marked by a mosaic inspired by Vincent’s unforgettable goal-celebration in the 2012 Manchester derby,” City said in a statement.“At the unveiling, the Chairman (Khaldoon Al Mubarak) revealed to Vincent that the Club has also begun the process of commissioning a sculpture to publicly recognise and celebrate his achievements and contributions to Manchester City. When completed the sculpture will take pride of place outside the Etihad Stadium.”Kompany had been due to feature in the star-studded charity match that will see a City legends team face an all-star XI of former Premier League players to raise money for his homelessness charity Tackle4MCR.The 33-year-old left the Premier League champions in May to become player-manager at Anderlecht and, much like the latter half of his City career, was hit by a muscle injury in defeat to Genk last month.“Unfortunately I can’t start or even play. I have a slight hamstring injury and can’t risk it. It’s typical me,” said Kompany.However, the Belgian international played down his frustration at missing out with the most important goal raising funds for charity.Current City stars David Silva and Sergio Aguero will line-up alongside the likes of Mario Balotelli in a team managed by Pep Guardiola.They will face an all-star side littered with former Manchester United greats like Edwin van der Sar, Gary Neville, Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs, but also boasting Thierry Henry and Robin van Persie in attack.“We are specifically dealing with homelessness in Greater Manchester. You can’t have a successful project without Manchester United involved. We have our differences – that is clear – but if we can get together for these sort of events the city is stronger.”City failed to replace Kompany in the summer transfer window and are now short at centre-back with Aymeric Laporte facing a lengthy spell out injured.However, Kompany is confident that Guardiola will ensure Laporte’s absence is not as costly as it seems over the next few months.“By losing Laporte you lose a big player. You need big players in the bigger games but the key strength of this Manchester City team is relying more on the system than the individuals.“I don’t see City weakening. Pep is way too aware of this danger to let it happen.”0Shares0000(Visited 32 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000Vincent Kompany will not be fit to take part in his own Manchester City testimonial on Wednesday © AFP / Paul ELLISLONDON, United Kingdom, Sep 11 – Manchester City will honour former captain Vincent Kompany with a statue of the Belgian outside the club’s Etihad stadium.Kompany will miss playing in his City testimonial on Wednesday due to a hamstring injury, but was in attendance as the club also named a road at their training base after the centre-back.
DISPUTE: Officials in L.A. and neighboring counties feel shortchanged on funds. SACRAMENTO – An aggressive push by Southern California lawmakers to grab more money for local trade projects was shot down Tuesday as a state transportation panel passed a plan that some said shortchanges the region’s desperate needs. A coalition of five Southern California counties had demanded up to 85 percent of $3 billion potentially available to improve trade corridors, arguing that’s how much state trade is handled by Los Angeles and Long Beach ports and Inland Empire distribution routes. But the California Transportation Commission rejected the arguments and instead awarded the region a little more than half. Assembly Speaker Fabian Nu ez, D-Los Angeles, decried the decision as a political compromise not based on merits. AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREPettersson scores another winner, Canucks beat Kings“The proposal before you shortchanges the neediest areas of the state when it comes to goods movement,” he told the panel. Nu ez also threatened to have the Legislature consider overturning the decision when transportation funding is debated next year. “This in my view is not only unacceptable, but if these guidelines are adopted, I guarantee you that we’re going to have a problem when we look at how we reconcile our differences in the Legislature,” he said. Nu ez – along with Assemblyman Mike Feuer, D-Sherman Oaks, who chairs the budget subcommittee on transportation, and about 35 other legislators from the five counties – had sought more for the region. Recognizing the political difficulty of asking for 85 percent, Nu ez sought a compromise giving about $2.2 billion, or 73 percent, of the trade funds to the five counties. Ultimately, however, the commission upheld its staff recommendation that those counties get $1.5 billion to $1.7 billion, or about 50 to 57 percent. The vote was 8-1, with the commission’s only member from Los Angeles County, Larry Zarian of Glendale, as the lone dissenter. Zarian said his opposition was based on doubts about revenue projections of the available funding. Commission Chairman James Ghielmetti said the staff recommendation was the fairest-possible result of two days of talks. “We did our work and tried not to politicize it. Now it looks like it’s going to get politicized. The fact of the matter is everyone could use more money, and we don’t have more money,” Ghielmetti said. In L. A. County, projects potentially targeted for the funds include replacing the Gerald Desmond Bridge, creating grade separations along the Alameda Corridor East and improving freeway interchanges. Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa said extra funding is needed because cargo volume in the region is expected to triple in the next 10 years.”Any allocation that fails to recognize this special burden is unacceptable and demonstrates a lack of commitment to the millions of voters in Southern California who overwhelmingly supported Proposition 1B,” he said. San Diego was considered its own trade corridor region and got $250 million to $400 million. MediaNews Staff Writer Erik N. Nelson contributed to this report. email@example.com 916-446-6723160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!
A well known clothing retailer has gone Christmas Crackers – over Christmas jumpers!The big day may be more than five weeks away, but The County Seat in Letterkenny reckons it’s time to invest in some Christmas cheer.Several versions of the Christmas jumper are on offer…at €25 each. And if you get into the festive spirit before November 30, there’s a chance to win a €100!CLOTHES SHOP GOES CHRISTMAS JUMPER CRAZY! was last modified: November 16th, 2013 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Christmas JumpersCounty Seatletterkenny
Best clips, calls and talkSPORT moments of 2019, feat Hearn, McCoist and more 2 possible standings silverware Every current Premier League club’s best kit from the past decade Ancelotti took over at Napoli Top nine Premier League free transfers of the decade impact RANKED England’s most successful clubs of the past decade, according to trophies won REVEALED highlights Maurizio Sarri discovered he was no longer Napoli manager by watching the news break on television.The 59-year-old took over at Chelsea after complex negotiations to leave the Italian club finally ended. Forbes list reveals how much Mayweather, Ronaldo and Messi earned this decade 2 Speaking to Il Mattino, he said: “It’s true, I found out that I wasn’t the Napoli coach anymore by seeing it on television.“I had some doubts, that’s fair, but there was a clause in the contract and it wasn’t something I had asked for.“It was not respected in the timing. Now I hope that Ancelotti can achieve what I came so close to.” Which teams do the best on Boxing Day in the Premier League era? LATEST FOOTBALL NEWS MONEY smart causal Every Championship club’s best signing of the decade, including Taarabt and Dack Sarri’s sacking took him by surprise How the Premier League table could change after the Boxing Day fixtures Sarri had two years remaining on his contract at Napoli after running Juventus close to the title last season.He was still under contract when Napoli appointed Carlo Ancelotti as their new boss, as Chelsea struggled to agree a compensation package with the Serie A side.And as he waited on his next move, the 59-year-old’s legal dispute finally came to a conclusion that allowed him to complete a deal to Stamford Bridge.
The parish priest of Termon has said that Donegal needs no greater incentive to go on and win the All-Ireland than to honour tragic GAA fan Andrew Duffy.Fr Pat McHugh was speaking today as more than 1,500 people turned up for the funeral of the young farmer who drowned in Dublin last weekend.Bathed in warm sunshine, St Columba’s Church was packed to overflowing as people turned up to show their respects to the 24 year old farmer. Fr McHugh said he still couldn’t sleep thinking about Andrew and how Donegal’s joy had turned to sadness at hearing of the young man’s passing.He spoke of a young man who was shy, unassuming and who had a deep faith.“This county was ecstatic at Donegal’s win over Cork and the fact that we were in only our second All-Ireland final. As the news filtered through the county and through our country, even the most exuberant fan found the good had gone out of the occasion“Everyone felt for the Duffy family in their suffering and grief. I watched the Donegal flags flutter in the breeze as I travelled to Termon and thought to myself how happy we should be but sadly we find ourselves in the throes of grief,” he said. He said his thoughts and prayers were with Andrew’s mother Margaret, father John and sisters Leanne and Carolyn.He also revealed how Andrew had even telephoned his dad John at 11pm to seek his permission after deciding to staying in Dublin after the semi-final win.A number of Donegal GAA stars including Michael Murphy, Mark McHugh, Karl Lacey and Brendan Boyle also attended the funeral mass.Members of Andrew’s own club Termon provided a guard of honour to and form the funeral mass as did a number of other clubs including Glenswilly and Gaoth Dobhair.Fr McHugh added that Andrew has already left his legacy by the way he lived life but said his football heroes could still honour him one last time “At times like this one often thinks of erecting a monument in memory of the deceased, but Andrew left his monument in this community and it is a monument of a life well-lived.“If the Donegal team needs an incentive to win the All-Ireland, it would be to honour the memory of Andrew Duffy,” said Fr.McHugh.PRIEST TELLS DONEGAL TO WIN ALL-IRELAND IN MEMORY OF ANDREW was last modified: August 31st, 2012 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:ANDREW DUFFYfuneralTermon
Following the Zach Johnson Invitational, Drake heads to Indiana for the Fighting Irish Classic on Oct. 8-9. Print Friendly Version The 54-hole event will feature 11 teams; Eastern Illinois, Green Bay, Indian Hills CC, Loyola-Chicago, North Dakota, North Dakota State, Northern Iowa, Omaha, South Dakota and Western Illinois. Zach Johnson Invite Live Results In the Bulldogs last time out, freshman Tim Lim led the team by shooting a 10-over par 223 (76-73-74), while senior Drew Ison finished a stroke behind the rookie with a 224 (73-74-77) at the SIUE Derek Dolenc Invitational. Sophomore Kyle MacDonald, who played as an individual, recorded a career-best 54-hole score of 213 (71-70-72) to finish in eighth-place. MacDonald began the tournament firing a career-low 71 and then topped that with a 70 in the second round. Story Links DES MOINES, Iowa – The Drake University men’s golf team is set to host the third annual Zach Johnson Invitational on Monday (Oct. 2) and Tuesday (Oct. 3) at the Glen Oaks Country Club in West Des Moines, Iowa.The Zach Johnson Invitational will be a three-round tournament with two rounds on Monday (36 holes) and the final round Tuesday (18 holes). Play will begin at 8:30 a.m. Monday and 9 a.m. on Tuesday.